Saturday, April 7, 2012

At the Club

So last night was a good reminder for me that not only do I hate going to the club but I'm probably never going to meet someone with my interests going to the club anyway because one of the things that I really hate is people that go to the club.
Don't get me wrong I love drinking, but dancing, eh, not so much. I'm a white girl so my dancing consists of maybe throwing a hand in the air and shuffling my feet a little. Not a good look for anyone. If I'm drunk enough and I actually LIKE the music that's a different story. But really, the worst thing about going to the club is the music. That and the fact that you can't even make simple comment to someone without screaming directly into their ear hole and then that doesn't even work because they just shrug their shoulders at you anyway. Oh and don't even get me started on the guys that think it's ok to just run up and grab random girls asses on the dance floor. Fuck off dude, it is not cool with me for you to touch me, I don't even fucking know you.

But in all seriousness, have you ever actually heard a good song at the club that was made after 1995? No. Because besides classic songs all the music that they play is fucking crap. I mean, I seriously haven't even heard of any of these songs. Am I crazy? Do I really have that obscure of musical tastes? I have asked 3 DJs at different clubs in the last few weeks if they can play any Aussie hip hop and I have gotten a non-response. Oh wait, one guy played Nosebleed Section, fair enough. I mean, okay fine I don't really expect you to have Thundamentals. But 360? Bliss n Eso? Maybe the new Hilltop Hoods? These artists have some fairly mainstream songs don't they?
Oh so your knowledge of hip hop consists of Snoop Dogg, Notorious B.I.G., Beastie Boys, and maybe maybe if we're lucky some A Tribe Called Quest? No wait even that last one is pretty rare to hear. Cool bro. Wait so you didn't even realise that there is Australian hip hop? Oh ok, I'm a DJ but I don't even know about different genres of music, I just play the same crap that everyone else plays and then maybe throw in Micheal Jackson or something. DANCE PARTY it up!!

Life disappoints the shit out of me sometimes.

Anyway, lesson learned. No more clubs for me. Pubs only because at least someone throws some Cold Chisel on the jukebox every once and a while and I can actually hold a conversation without losing my voice. And if I'm going to dance it's going to be at a hip hop show, and that's mostly just jumping anyway so it's all good.




End rant. It's time to talk about things that I do like.

No comments:

Post a Comment